At Australian Solar Quotes, we look out for consumers and make sure you don’t get taken for a ride by an unreliable solar installer. However, it can be hard to pick the good guys from the bad, especially if you don’t know what to look out for.
Having a look through our Buyers Guide is a good way to educate yourself about the options available to you when it comes to solar power.
However, to ensure you cover all your bases, here are few quick questions to ask your installer to make sure you’re getting the best service possible.
Top 10 Questions – Installation & Service
- How long has your business been operating & installing solar panels for?
- Who is your clean energy council accredited installer and designer?. What is their CEC (clean energy council) number?
- Roughly how many solar panel systems have you installed?
- What is the address of a couple of your customers that have purchased and installed solar panels from you so that I can do a drive by?
- Can I have permission to contact a couple of your customers to seek a recommendation of the solar system that you sell and the service that you provide?
- What is the time frame in which you aim to have the solar panel system installed? Is there a guarantee on this time frame?
- What are your company’s terms and conditions of business? Ask for a copy!
- What type of warranty / guarantee on installation do you offer?
- Do you import the solar panels and components or do you purchase off an Australian Wholesaler / Distributor?
- Who do I contact if there is a fault of defect with the inverter, solar panels, components or installation?
Top 10 Questions – Parts & Components
- Is the solar inverter transformer-less or does it have a transformer. What are the advantages / disadvantages?
- Where is the solar inverter manufactured?
- What is the product warranty for the solar inverter?
- Does the inverter have duel MPP Tracking? (this feature is necessary for solar panel installations which have multiple strings facing different directions)
- Is the inverter an indoor or outdoor inverter?
- Where are the solar panels manufactured?
- What is the product warranty for the solar panels?
- How long have you been supplying this brand of solar panels?
- Do the solar panels have mono-crystalline or poly-crystalline cells?
- What is the solar panel’s cell efficiency?
NOW IS THE BEST TIME TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE SOLAR PANEL REBATES
Electricity prices are still on the rise due to the ever increasing demand for electricity throughout Australia. As a result, solar panels are becoming more and more popular throughout the residential, commercial and industrial sector. Although the Australian Governments solar rebate and incentive programs are changing, the generosity is consistent and by far the best option to tackle heightening energy prices.
Don’t forget to print this page and have it handy for when your sales representative conducts an onsite assessment